Sunday, July 24, 2011

My new mantra: I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids!


I do love my kids, but man, are they annoying. I know that are excited to be on vacation, and they are just wound up about going to the pool and the beach. Chris and I have threatened to drive them back home about 50 times today if they don't start listening to us. We both really need to take a deep breath and be more patient with them. Vacations like these are just a reminder that once you have kids, you are totally living for them, and selfishness is not an option. Neither is a quiet dip in the pool or a quick dip in the ocean.We spent about an hour at the pool this morning, had lunch and headed to the beach around noon. A pretty wicked thunderstorm closed the beach around 2:30 and the open-trolly ride home in the downpour made for some comic relief. This is what we do at the beach when it rains:
The kids got some more time in the sand after dinner wading in the water and watching some older kids wake boarding.

I give the day about a 7 overall.

I managed to run outside this morning around 8am. But man, was it hot! I'm used to running in my basement where it's nice and cool, even when it's 100+ outside. I lasted about 2 miles in the actual heat and humidity before I felt like I was going to puke, and had to walk the last mile back to the condo. I also did some ab work this evening - was inpsired by my women's health magazine - perfect beach reading!

Breakfast - 1 egg with a laughing cow cheese wedge, some fiber One raisin bran crunch and almond milk and some blueberries (350 calories)
Lunch - pretzel chips and another cheese wedge and a protein bar (350 calories)
Snacks - 2 Keebler Fudge stripe cookies. (115 calories)
Dinner - 3 steamed blue crabs, 3 hush puppies, a handful of kettle chips and a Kohr Bros. custard. (about 800 calories)

So I'm pretty sure I went over my calories for the day, but I didn't totally blow it. I don't feel deprived and I got some exercise, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Still not relaxing all that much - have to work on that. So here's to a better day tomorrow. More beach-time, less rain, less whining and fewer Mommy-threats. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment