Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cat's Mid-Vacation Check-In

So I've not posted in a few days. Been too busy enjoying the beach and the weather! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were mega-beach days. 4+ hours in the sand. Braedon has mastered the boogie board and we have to drag him out of the water to eat lunch. Ells is all about making friends of all ages on the beach. She flutters around and by the end of the day she knows everyone within a 50 ft. radius by name. Evening entertainment has included a mini-date night for Chris and me on Monday, the Ocean City Maryland Boardwalk Tuesday and some Mexican food on the beach at Que Pasa in Dewey Beach.

Monday, I got in about 30 minutes on the treadmill at the gym. Tuesday morning I ran outside just over 3 miles. It was much cooler and I didn't feel like I was going to throw up from the heat - always a bonus. Today, I decided to take a break - no workout.

My food intake hasn't been disastrous, but it hasn't been great either. Breakfast and lunch each day have been pretty much the same, Fiber One cereal with almond milk, and a half of a cold cut sandwich with some pretzels and maybe a protein bar. Monday night dinner was some chicken and pork barbecue with some evilly delicious corn bread. I may have had a martini or 2 on my mini-date. I also may have taken the kid's to a candy store late night. There were chocolate covered Oreos & pretzels and a truffle or 2. Tuesday was boardwalk pizza with an ice cream cone. Tonight I ate way too much guacamole, and we went to Candy Kitchen, Kohr Brothers AND Dolle's. Need I say more?

I am going to try and count calories a little better the remaining days of my vacation, but I'm not making any promises. Here's the deal - my clothes still fit, I don't look terrible in my bikini, and I'm having a great time with my family. Besides, if your chocolate has fruit inside of it, that's healthy - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment