Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 1 of My Public Food Diary

So - this is the first of many daily updates I plan to post outlining my daily food and exercise activities. Today started off with a bang - 60+ minutes on the treadmill at 6am. Burned about 600 calories while watching the Bachelorette on my DVR. I weighed 140.

Food intake - well that's another story. Despite the fact that the summary from myfitnesspal.com states "if every day were like today . . . you'd weigh 134.5 in 5 weeks", my food choices leave a little to be desired. I started off pretty well - 1/2 a protein bar and a couple of eggs for breakfast. Turkey chili for lunch. I also drank close to 40 oz of diet coke before 1pm. I should probably ditch the soda for more water. Not today. For a snack I had some honey wheat pretzels and laughing cow swiss cheese - a very satisfying snack for about 150 calories. Another snack of baby carrots and some microwave popcorn - another 150 calories.

I should also mention that I'm taking bee pollen supplements. 2 capsules 3x a day. The first 2 I took this am felt like they were stuck in my throat all morning. Anyway - up until 4pm today, I had consumed about 800 calories. With the exercise I did, I had about 600 more to go for the day. I had plans to eat some leftover pork ribs (300 calories) and maybe another protein bar and some fruit. The best laid plans . . .
At 4pm I had a meeting, and the red velvet cheesecake was there. It was a celebration of sorts. I decided to just share a piece with my friend. I ended up eating 3/4 of that piece and another sliver just for myself. So that became my dinner & dessert. All consumed before 5pm. I'm not too disappointed. Luckily the cheesecake was filling, so I'm not really hungry and it didn't send me into some feeding frenzy - always a good thing! I'm sure I won't eat anything else today. But some meat and fruit would have obviously been a better choice. There's always tomorrow!

I will say that the prospect of sharing everything I ate today definitely came into play when faced with food choices. I bet if I wasn't doing this - I would have snuck in another piece or 2 of cake, and I would have most likely eaten dinner as well. Here's to small victories and to better choices tomorrow.

And right on cue, my DH opens up a bag of Tostitos and salsa. Dear Lord, let me be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment