Saturday, July 23, 2011

Destination Relaxation

We piled linens for 3 beds, 4 pillows, clothes for 4 for a week, bathing suits, beach chairs, various sundries, beach towels, bath towels, sunscreen, goggles, computers, phones chargers, camera, 4 humans and 2 dogs into my Pilot around 1pm today. Luckily the dogs only had a short trip to their daycare. The 4 humans suffered through close to 4 hours in the car before we got to the house. The AC was off, and I guess I expected it to be, but it was 90 degrees in the place. So we dumped our stuff, and headed out for dinner and groceries hoping the condo would cool off by the time we got home. Luckily it did! So the kids haven't gotten to swim or go to the beach, or even see a boardwalk yet, but we have 6 more days. We have plans to meet up with a whole bunch of friends old and new, and the community we're staying in offers a ton of activities, along with a fitness center with classes galore. So I have no excuses . . . I did workout this morning, did 20 minutes of interval training, and 20 minutes walking on an incline. Burned about 500 calories and got caught up on NY ink.

Breakfast: 2 full eggs and 2 egg whites scrambled with some laughing cow cheese. I also had a protein bar (400 calories)
Lunch: Wawa Buffalo Blue Chicken Wrap and half of a Take 5 bar (500 calories) Best thing I could find on the road that would fill me up and taste good.
Dinner: Apple Martini - some fried calamari and a few scallops, shrimp, mussels and clams (500 calories)
Dessert: Rita's custard (200 calories)

So today wasn't perfect, and I'm on vacation, so I don't expect it to be. My goal for the next 6 days is to RELAX, get some exercise, and enjoy time with my family and friends. There is no scale here, so I will have to wait until next Saturday to weigh in. That's probably a good thing - for now.

PS. Don't tell work that I have Wifi here at the beach!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment