Friday, August 12, 2011

141: It’s not just a route number in Wilmington – much to my chagrin.

That’s the official number on the scale this morning. I guess it could be worse. I haven’t been treating myself very well for close to 4 weeks now and I wouldn’t have been at all surprised if the number was higher. I did manage to drag myself out of bed this morning around 6am and get in about 30 minutes of cardio and some core exercises. I may try to walk at lunch, but I’m so busy at work, that might not be possible.

Spending 3+ hours this week watching Elliana’s tumbling classes has really made we wish I could just stand in the background with my own private spotter and attempt to do all the things they are learning. That would be a great workout! I even went so far as to try to do a back bend this morning. Not sure what happened to my arm strength, but I’m guessing that trying to support 141 pounds is much harder than the 100 or so that I needed to support that last time I actually did one. I could barely get my head off the ground – it wasn’t pretty. But I may have found a new goal in all of this. I want to be able to do an unassisted back walkover in another 4 weeks. I can already do a cartwheel and a round-off (or “round-up” as Ells like to call it). I have one of those exercise balls that I can use to stretch out my back, and I’m pretty sure I know what to do to get my arms stronger. I’ll have to figure out the rest on my own and see what I can accomplish. While I will continue to watch her practices periodically, I need to remember that staying at the gym is far better than sneaking out to McDonald’s across the street for a little snack.

My diet so far today is on track, as usual. You know I usually don’t screw things up until after 1pm.

I’ll check back in later to provide the dirty details.

If anyone knows of an open/adult tumbling class, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment