Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!

The mind is an amazing organ. Most of the time it works against me, sabotaging all my valiant efforts to get healthy, eat right, work out regularly, etc. But I’ve realized that I get just a few opportunities a year when my mind is weak, or maybe actually strong, whatever, something’s changing and I feel like I’m back on the fitness wagon. Realizing that this probably won’t last forever, I need to hold on and enjoy the ride while it lasts. So here I go!

I did 3 miles on the treadmill last night while watching the Miss USA pageant. Wow – I never thought I could feel so smart and pretty. Now I’m nowhere near pageant pretty, but I can put my face on and look halfway decent, but my brain? Thank God for that. Those girls, as stunningly gorgeous as they were, couldn’t put 2 coherent, intelligent sentences together. One of the finalists actually said that birth control pills were a controlled substance. Huh? She may have even been the winner! Anyway – back to my workout. Stuck with the oldie but goodie Body for Life interval cardio for the first 20 minutes, then kept a steady pace for the rest of my 45 minutes.

The other exciting piece of news for my Sunday night activities is that I was in bed ASLEEP before 10pm. That never happens. I have decided to temporarily give up facebook and actually dedicate my evenings to sleep. They say you need at least 7.5 hours of sleep each night to most effectively burn fat, so sleep has become my new best friend! Part of me wants to put on my “wall” that I won’t be back on facebook until I’m ready to post pictures of me in a bikini, but I’m not quite brave enough for that declaration just yet.

Fast forward to Monday morning. I got up at 5:30 and worked out – AGAIN! I know scary huh? Like I said, I’m just riding the wave. You never know how long my psyche is going to continue to cooperate with me, so I’m milking it for all it’s worth! This time I decided to break open the P90X tapes and do a little Core Synergistics. I kept up for the entire hour and only skipped a few exercises that I can’t stand. For those diehard P90Xers, those pesky moves would be walking push ups, the last half of steam engine and table leg raise dips. I need a few weeks under my belt before I can totally HANG. The morning workout didn’t feel as productive as my treadmill workout the night before, but I’m certain it will count for something. At the very least, it got me to examine my bare gut hanging down while doing planks. It’s like I have a third boob on my waist. Super gross and I am totally going to get rid of that ASAP! One of the benefits to working out at home is that I can wear barely nothing, which is so motivating, yet disturbing when you get to see things jiggle that are just so totally wrong! My poor husband gets to see me mid-workout when he leaves for work, and I’m not sure how he can even witness the sweaty mess that is me in a jog bra and shorts, and still be attracted to me. I’ve said it before – he’s a saint!

So the plan for the rest of the day is clean eating and another workout – already had my Myoplex Lite breakfast. Packing egg whites, whole grain English muffin, chicken breasts, melon, an apple, water and another shake for work. I’m planning to get in another treadmill workout early enough to hit the sack by 9:30. Less than 2 weeks until the pool opens – Yikes! That and a full length mirror should be all motivation I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment