Friday, January 1, 2010

It's OK in 2010

Buh-bye 2009. My immediate family had a great 2009. My hubby and I have jobs, the kids are doing well in school and everyone is relatively healthy. Many friends have new babies, new marriages, new pregnancies, new jobs, new schools - all very exciting and positive. Others are struggling - losing jobs, losing homes, getting divorced, being diagnosed and dying.

I've decided to make 2010 my year of love and positivity. I am going to do my best to stop complaining or focusing on what I don't have. I am going to love my kids more, love my husband more and love myself period. I will put my family first in all instances. The rest of the junk I obsess over - the hair, the body, the face, the clothes, the keeping up with the Jones's, etc. will all have to take a backseat.
I know I'm not the prettiest, the wealthiest, the skinniest, the wittiest, the most popular, the sexiest, the smartest, the most organized. That's OK. I will be my very best and that will include some version of pretty, wealthy, skinny, witty, popular, sexy, smart and organized. Some days will suck and others will be awesome. That's still OK.

Now, the 2009 version of me would spend time reminding everyone what I DIDN'T do last year, like taking ballet classes (even thought I spent $100 on supplies), like finishing the second P90X workouts, like entering a 5k race, keeping up with my blog, etc. But I'm not going to be negative anymore, (that much). Only positive, (most of the time).

So on that note, I'll tell you the top 10 things I DID do in 2009:

1) I quit smoking (not even a puff since 8/11/09).
2) I baked desserts with my kids.
3) I reminded my kids how proud I am of them - often.
4) I dated my husband - almost every week.
5) I had a sleepover in my family room.
6) I watched Forrest Gump with my six year old.
7) I was a very good friend to many.
8) I gave my money, belongings, time, and blood to a wide variety of charitable organizations.
9) I joined the National Bone Marrow Registry.
10) I added more fiber to my diet.

Here's to continuing the good stuff and eliminating the bad stuff in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment