Monday, May 11, 2009

Bring It!

So I finally have stuck to an insanely difficult workout and diet plan for the last 3 weeks. I'm a quarter of the way through a 90-day program called P90X. I'm hooked. I've only lost about a pound, but the cage is changing. I now have muscles that I haven't seen in a LONG time! Feels pretty amazing. 6 days a week of working out and 6 small meals each day. The workouts are intense but only about an hour long each day. My son who is 6 has joined me for a few workouts - he's fun to watch and it certainly helps to take my mind off the hard work I'm doing. The only downside to the program is that my social life seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth. Besides having little time to do much else than work, workout, plan meals and be a mother and wife, I don't want to blow the diet with too much alcohol and jeopardize the following day's workout and diet by feeling like crap. So I've haven't made any Happy Hours lately, and even date night has taken on a new twist. No more Appletinis for me. 2 Michelob ultras every Sat night. That's it. Can't be all that bad - if I could just quit smoking, I'd be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment