Wednesday, July 20, 2011

5 pairs of flip flops - I'm grumpy and hungry

We have a new puppy. He's about 7 months old and loves to eat flip flops. The first pair he destroyed were mine. Since then we are diligent about keeping our shoes out of harm's way and keeping an eye out for any misplaced flip flops that might fall prey to our little Dash. My kids have serious trouble paying attention to where they leave their shoes and more trouble paying attention when the puppy is chewing on something he shouldn't be RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM.
We leave for a beach vacation on Saturday, and my daughter still doesn't have a pair of flip flops, despite that fact that I have purchased her 3 pairs in the last month. Each time she gets a new pair they get worn for the day, she takes them off in the kitchen and leaves them on the bench - where the dog can reach them, and about an hour later, I find them in his mouth, destroyed. The latest pair succumbed the most quickly. I think she owned them for less than 24 hours. Wore them to camp, came home, left them on the bench and when I called home around dinner time to tell everyone I was still working, she announced, almost with a chuckle that Dash got her flip flops. Are you freaking kidding me? I'll but her next pair at the beach, at least the dog won't be around to destroy them and they'll have a chance at lasting for at least a week.

So how did I do today? I'm tired, stressed out at work, annoyed at the dog and my kids. Good thing I work out in the morning! I did another 60 minutes on the treadmill and did some free weights just before 6am.
Here's what I ate: This may have been worse if I hadn't left my purse at home today. No money to cheat! Another good strategy!

8am Diet Coke
9am Supreme Protein PB&J bar 200 calories
11am Pretzels with cheese 145 calories
1pm Turkey Chili 250 calories
2pm strawberries 50 calories
2:45 Popcorn 100 calories
3:30 1/2 protein bar 200 calories
6:30 blueberries 80 calories
7pm Pretzel chips with tuna salad 275 calories

According to myfitnesspal:
If every day were like today... You'd weigh 132.6 lbs in 5 weeks
Today, I weighed 140.5 I probably should be eating a bit more- but I'm afraid if I eat anything else, it may snowball into something bad - so I'm going to stop here.

Anyone with tips for preventing Dash from eating any more shoes, aside from sending him back to the pound - let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment